Environmental sensitivities are fundamental to any development project today. Enshrined in planning law and the public conscience, the environment is an issue at the heart of every scheme.
At The Landmark Practice we understand the pressures on developers and their need to balance commercial goals with the needs of the environment. With specialist skills in planning, landscape design and ecology and three decades of experience, we get the balance right.
“The Landmark Practice is the retained environmental consultancy for The Bristol Port Company. For me, what sets them apart is their recognition of our commercial needs as well as our environmental concerns.”
John Chaplin, Director of Engineering, The Bristol Port Company
The Landmark team consists of highly motivated landscape architects, town planners, environmental planners, and ecologists all working collaboratively to deliver client aspirations. Meet the Landmark team
The Landmark Practice at a glance:
- Well-respected mid-size environmental consultancy established by MD Nick Roberts in 1985. The Landmark story
- Multidisciplinary teams in planning and environmental planning, landscape design/architecture and ecology. Our services
- Based in Bristol UK, we work on projects in the South West region, across the UK and internationally. Our portfolio
- Member of The Landscape Institute and The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment, founding member of the EIA Quality Mark Scheme. Awards
- Specialist knowledge in: planning for renewable energy projects, solar PV parks and large-scale wind farms, bats and protected species, habitat surveys, Environmental Impact Assessments for complex development projects, our combined landscape and ecology approach, photomontages, wind turbines and wildlife.
“The Landmark Practice are our environmental partners of choice. They’ve been instrumental in helping us succeed in around 15 planning applications a year. Flexible and responsive, cost effective and easy to work with, this is a long term relationship that works for The Lower Mill Estate.”
Will Vicary, Estate Manager, Lower Mill Estate